History

For more than 80 years, Castle Oil Corporation has maintained a tradition of family values both at home and in the community. Founded by Mauro Romita, Sr. as a small coal delivery company, Castle has grown to become the New York metropolitan area’s largest independent fuel oil distributor. Castle’s success story began in 1928, when Mauro Sr. formed Castle Coal Company, Inc. This newly founded company delivered coal to small, multi-dwelling buildings, and private homes. In 1936, Mauro Sr. acquired additional trucks to deliver heating oil. Conversion from coal to oil had begun because customers realized it was a cleaner and more efficient source of heat. The name of the business later was changed to Castle Coal & Oil Co., Inc.


The rich tradition of Castle continues in the family owned and operated business. Strengthened by its reputation for integrity and a philosophy of treating the customer like royalty, Castle provides fuel for the enterprises that are the heart of the community; apartment and office buildings, manufacturing plants, private homes, schools, hospitals and places of worship.

Times have changed dramatically since Mauro Sr. first founded the company. Today, a third generation of the Romita family continues to honor his commitment to providing top-flight customer service and high-quality energy products. Castle owns state-of-the-art marine terminals in New York City and Westchester County, a computer-monitored worldwide fuel purchasing system, a fleet of 100+ service and delivery vehicles, highly trained in-house service personnel and a Customer Care Center dedicated to handling customer needs.